HP Smart Update Manager is a product which updates firmware and software on HP ProLiant servers, and firmware on HP Integrity and HP ProLiant Moonshot servers. HP SUM has a browser-based GUI; as well as a scriptable interface using legacy command line interface, inputfile, and interactive command line interface modes. For more information, please see the Enterprise Information Library, www.hpe.com/info/hpsum/documentation.
- Added support for new HPE Synergy Gen9 Compute Modules, HPE ProLiant Gen9 servers, and options
- Added support for Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Baseline - Improved the custom baseline smart component filtering
- HP Smart Update Manager ISO - The HP SUM ISO contains HP SUM and a bootable ISO environment. Firmware and Software components can be added to create a customized baseline.
- HP Smart Update Manager RPM - The HP SUM RPM is a native package for Linux and is also available on the Linux Software Delivery Repository.
- HP Smart Update Manager zip - The HP SUM zip contains the files for running HP SUM on supported Windows and Linux operating systems. NOTE - Linux file permissions for script and binary files must be modified to add execute mode.
NOTE - These downloads do not include software or firmware. Software and/or firmware can be obtained from the HP Service Pack for ProLiant, Integrity Firmware Bundles, or Moonshot Component Pack.
- HP Smart Update Manager 7.6.0 User Guide: Enterprise Information Library
- HP Smart Update Manager 7.6.0 Release Notes: Enterprise Information Library
For supported browsers, environments, and hardware, please see the Enterprise Information Library.
See the HP SUM Release Notes for information about the issues resolved in this release.
By downloading these products, you agree to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement(s) listed below. Refer to the documentation regarding using the image once downloaded to your environment.
This tab includes only significant Customer Advisories (CAs) that are known to exist within or be corrected by this release.
Last revised: Monday, October 24, 2016